Updated: May 24, 2018
• The information we collect and why we collect it;
• How we use that information;
• How we share information; and
• The choices we offer.
Personal Data That We Collect:
Our services require you to provide us with Personal Data. If you choose to withhold any Personal Data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to parts of the site and for us to respond to your query. We, as Controllers, use the information we collect to operate and maintain our Site and the Services offered, send you marketing communications and respond to your questions and concerns.
The Personal Data which you may provide to us could include, but is not limited to:
• Your name;
• Your contact information (including, without limitation, address and email address);
• Your IP address;
• Your location;
• Languages spoken;
• Information stored on or shared in social media accounts (such as, by way of example but not limitation, Facebook LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google Plus); and/or
• Billing information.
Non-Personal Data That We Collect:
When you access our Service, we may automatically collect non-personal data from you, such as IP host address, web pages viewed, browser type, operating system, referring service, search information, device type, page views, usage and browsing habits on the Service, and other similar data. We may also aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular geographical location) in a manner which does not identify any one individual. We may also aggregate information collected offline in connection with the Service, obtain non-personal data from third party sources and develop aggregate information by anonymizing previously collected personal data.
It is possible at times when collecting non-personal data through automatic means that we may unintentionally collect or receive personal data that is mixed in with the non-personal data. While we will make reasonable efforts to prevent such incidental data collection, the possibility still exists. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected your personal information, please notify us at email@example.com.
We will only use your personal data as described below, unless you have specifically consented to another type of use, either at the time the personal data is collected from you or through some other form of consent from you or notification to you:
• We may share your personal data collected in connection with providing the Service.
• We may use your personal data to make API calls to Amazon on your behalf. For more information, please visit https://developer.amazonservices.com/gp/mws/faq.html#mawsportal-faq-accessToDeveloper.
• We may use your personal data to respond to your inquires or requests, or to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Service.
• We may use your personal data to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from Content Paradise or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes.
• We may share personal data, with third party service providers who perform various functions to enable us to provide our Services and help us operate our business, such as website design, sending email communications, telephone communication, text messaging, advertising, fraud detection and prevention, customer care, third party surveys or performing analytics. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. Our contracts with these third parties require them to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information we provide to them, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and not use personal information for purposes other than the product or service they’re providing to us or on our behalf. We urge you to read privacy practices of all third party vendors before submitting any personal data through the Service.
• We may disclose personal data as required by law or legal process.
• We may disclose personal data to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for our services or our sponsors.
• We may transfer your personal data in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of Content Paradise or the division responsible for the services with which your personal data is associated.
• We may share your personal data with an affiliate of Content Paradise who is in the same corporate family as us as long as their privacy practices are substantially similar to ours.
• We may use your personal data to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Web site and services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from Content Paradise that better meet your needs.
Cookies and Similar Technologies:
You should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the „Help“ section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookies, many functions and conveniences of this Site may not work properly.
Automatically Collected Information:
When you access the Service or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using cookies and other types of tracking technologies. This „automatically collected“ information may include Internet Protocol address („IP Address“), a unique user ID, device type, device identifiers, browser types and language, referring and exit pages, platform type, version of software installed, system type, the content and pages that you access on the Service, the number of clicks, the amount of time spent on pages, the dates and times that you visit the Service, and other similar information. Depending on the law of your country of residence, your IP address may legally be considered personal data.
Analytics and Conversion Tracking:
We also use Google conversion tracking and/or similar services to help us understand your and other users‘ use of the Service.
Please see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en for more information about conversion tracking provided by Google.
The security of your personal data is very important to us. When we collect your personal data online, we use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your personal data will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers, and your use of our Service demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your personal data.
Content Paradise shall investigate and report data breaches within 72 hours of becoming aware of such breach. When a breach of personal data is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals then Content Paradise, as Controller, will notify the affected individuals without undue delay.
Your Disclosures in Blogs and Other Social Media:
Protection for Children:
The use of Content Paradise is intended for and directed to adults. Our Services are not directed to minors and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If at any time in the future we plan to collect personal data from children under 13, such collection and use, to the extent applicable, shall, when required, be done in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act („COPPA“) and appropriate consent from the child’s parent or guardian will be sought where required by COPPA. When we become aware that personal data from a child under 13 has been collected without such child’s parent or guardian’s consent, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
User Access to Information:
You have the right to request access to the data information we have stored on you. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make sure to provide you with a copy of the saved data particular to you. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfill your request by sending an electronic copy unless you expressly specify a different method of receipt.
Information Correction and Deletion:
If you believe the data Content Paradise has collected on you is incorrect, you are encouraged to contact us to update it. Any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified in this Policy will be deleted. You may request to have your data updated or deleted at any point by emailing us at email@example.com.
Storage and Processing:
If you are using our Services from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information (including personal data) to the United States where our servers are located. Content Paradise may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliate entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, please note that we will not transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Communications with Content Paradise:
Any phone calls and/or text messages delivered to your phone or device may cause you to incur extra data, text messaging, or other charges from your wireless carrier. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. You are solely responsible for any carrier charges incurred as a result of phone and/or text communications from Content Paradise.
No Rights of Third Parties:
For EU Clients:
Content Paradise complies with the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC framework as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Content Paradise has certified that it adheres to the requirements of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement.